Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blessings and Struggles

So, It has been 7 months since I have updated this blog, but if you know me, you know that we have had a busy 7 months. My sweet Caleb has grown so much and has been through so much more than any baby should have to go through. He has been poked and prodded, stuck with needles and spent many nights in a hospital bed rather than his own bed at home.

He has been diagnosed with severe iron-deficiency anemia for sure, and we are waiting on the rest. Although it is "just" anemia, this particular version of anemia can be real troublesome and very dangerous if not constantly monitored. He cannot bleed for more than a few minutes, he must take a lot of iron every day, and he will be weak a lot of the time.

I continue to ask myself why God would allow such a precious baby to have to spend so many nights away from home and so many of his days with doctors and hospitals. I know God has a purpose and a plan and although, admittedly I am not trusting that right now, I know to find peace I will have to find trust.


Caleb's struggle has really brought out my weaknesses. I find it daunting to do quiet time and a chore to get ready for church. I am so exhausted all the time and I wish I knew what wall I am putting up, but I just cannot identify it. I do not trust where God is taking me and I feel kind of lost along the way, but these things take time and I will find my way back.

On a happy note Caleb has been to the Zoo for the first time and loved it. He is behind developmentally due to all of his issues, but he has rolled over both ways and can sit up for a few seconds by himself. He still struggles with solid food and with gripping toys. Although he does have favorite toy that he plays with on car rides pretty well.

Jeremiah is growing up too fast. He is a typical two year old. I clean up some mess everyday that he knew better and he is always getting into something. He LOVES to read though and LOVES to learn. He talks very plainly and is not shy about telling you exactly what he wants and is the cutest, of course I am biased. Well there he goes again, so I am done with post.

No comments: